The United States
Time and Judgment
Paulos - Died August 16, 2012
The Psalm of the Day - Yearly Calendar of Psalm for August 16 is Psalm 52
New King James Version (NKJV)
The End of the Wicked and the Peace of the Godly
To the Chief Musician.
A Contemplation of David when Doeg the Edomite went and told Saul, and said to him,
“...David has gone to the house of Ahimelech.”
- Why do you boast in evil, O mighty man? The goodness of God endures continually.
- Your tongue devises destruction, Like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
- You love evil more than good, Lying rather than speaking righteousness. Selah
- You love all devouring words, You deceitful tongue.
- God shall likewise destroy you forever; He shall take you away, and pluck you out of your dwelling place, And uproot you from the land of the living. Selah
- The righteous also shall see and fear, And shall laugh at him, saying,
- “Here is the man who did not make God his strength, But trusted in the abundance of his riches, And strengthened himself in his wickedness.”
- But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.
- I will praise You forever, Because You have done it; And in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good.